Calling all tree huggers and nature lovers - you are in good company! One of our core values is sustainability, and we are committed to doing our part to make more environmentally conscious decisions.
Below are some examples of how we are holding ourselves accountable:
When we set up shop, we made the deliberate choice to use a single box for both our products and for shipping. While most of our competitors double box, we felt this was one of the easiest ways we could reduce our consumption, and therefore minimize our impact on the environment.
Our boxes are fun & fabulous sure, but did you know that even more importantly they are eco-friendly? Each box features:
- 100% water-based inks which are non-toxic and low VOC and hold an ECOLOGO Certification. This means when you go to recycle your box, harmful unwanted substances aren’t entering the waste and water supply.
- 100% recycled fluting
What’s more, our supplier:
- Gives back. They support TreesCharlotte, a non-profit group dedicated to planting and preserving trees.
- Recycles 100% of their scrap metal
- Partners with a paper supplier that is a member of the Forest Stewardship Council (FSC) and Sustainable Forestry Initiative. That means the paper has been sourced in an environmentally-friendly, socially-responsible, and economically viable manner.
In the event that you need your box to arrive in pristine condition, we ship in an eco-friendly mailer bag that is both recyclable and reusable. You heard that right! Not only are our mailer bags made from 100% recycled plastics, they also have a second adhesive strip so you can reuse the bag one more time before recycling it. We encourage you to do both to help support our efforts to reduce waste.
What’s more, our supplier:
- Contributes to global reforestation by planting trees for every order we place with them.
All of our products are nestled into a cushy bed of paper to keep you items cozy and safe in transit. We’re sorry it can be messy, but we are not at all sorry to report that our crinkle is made with 100% recycled paper in the USA and sourced from a women-owned business that has been doing their thing for over 25 years.
Blue Haze, Blush Pink, Goldenrod…that fun pop of color inside is made from 100% post industrial recycled fibers and is made in the USA. Go Team!
Flyers and Stickers
94% of our supplier’s paper products are printed on paper certified to the highest standard of responsible forestry.
We take great pride in working with other businesses that value sustainability and are doing their part to reduce their environmental impact. We focus on sourcing from vendors that are based in the USA or have national distribution as a way to minimize the carbon footprint required for shipping. Our eco-friendly vendors are taking the following measures:
- Consolidating shipments
- Reducing packing materials and/or using materials that are recyclable and/or reusable
- Eliminating single use plastics
- Incorporating raw materials that sustainable & domestically sourced
Check out our Partners Page for a list of our eco-friendly vendors.